Sunday, August 30, 2009

Getting Ready to Leave..


P1040017
Originally uploaded by awolice89
Well.. I figured, seeing as I have never stepped outside the United States - let alone crossed over to the other side of the Atlantic - that I should do as everyone else does and keep a blog about some of my experiences. Right now, it's 11:05pm EST and I'm sitting in my kitchen at my house in New Jersey.. just about all of my friends have been back at school - either at AU or elsewhere - for about a week or more by now, while this past week has basically been more of a summer vacation than the previous 4 months. I can't put into words how excited I am for London, but I can't help but be really sad at the idea of leaving my home (and DC) for four months. What's a life like without Halloween and Thanksgiving anyway?

I'm sure that in my frantic efforts to fit a third of a year's supply of clothing, necessities & luxuries into two bags I'll fail to pack something vitally important.. but regardless, I think I'm more or less on top of my game.. at least a little, anyway.

I'll be leaving Wednesday night and arriving in London on an early (rainy) Thursday morning. I'll miss the 80+ degree temperatures of NJ, baseball games airing before midnight in my timezone and.. oh yeah... not having to deal with the monetary exchange... but I'm hoping to get out of my semester abroad not only an opportunity to gain internship experience (and hopefully boost my GPA), but also the chance to FINALLY travel... and in the process, hopefully I'll stumble on a chance to grow and mature into a better educated and well-rounded individual. If not, well, I guess I'll just settle for returning to the U.S. with hopefully a few dollars left in my savings account... we'll just have to wait and see...


No comments:

Post a Comment